What are the differences between Pixlr apps?
Pixlr Editor is a sophisticated image-editing tool for both pros and talented amateurs. Graphic designers and photo retouchers use this app, as do educators who want to teach their students the principles of graphic design. Pixlr Editor is only available on the Web. A few reasons people use it:
- No account necessary. Create an account for free storage space if you prefer.
- Nothing special to download or install. Just fire it up in your browser when you need it.
- Provides tools like layers, lasso tool, brush controls, cloning, and filters.
- Private Pixlr Library where you can store all your photos and images.
- Can connect to third-party photo streams for access to Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, and Google Drive photos.
An easy-to-use tool that anyone can use to make photos and images more creative, Pixlr Express is available for Web, iOS and Android. A few things to know about Pixlr Express:
- No learning curve or complicated tools.
- Removes red-eye, brightens teeth. Also includes a handy “auto-fix” option to adjust light, color, and tone to make your photos look great.
- Preview and test out effects before committing to changes. Make a mistake? Undo until it’s back to where you want it.
- Cute it up with stickers and sparkles and lighthearted fonts — or just stick to business with photo-fixing tools if you prefer.
- Cool photo effects like focal blur, de-noise, and color splash.
Pixlr-o-matic is a step back to the darkroom of photography’s past — but without all those pesky chemicals. You can create over a zillion (okay, 2 million) different combinations of its many effects, overlays, and frames. Pixlr-o-matic is available for the Web, iOS, and Android. It’s also available in a special downloadable format for Windows and Mac. Why people like this app:
- Vintage, grunge, neon, chemical burns — it’s full of dramatic effects and tortured frames to please the most demanding Victorian steampunk enthusiast.
- Butterflies, flowers, sparkles, fireworks, and spaced-age backgrounds can turn your family photos into dream-filled landscapes.
- Randomizer option: Just keep hitting the randomizer, and we’ll throw random effects at you until you see something you like.
- Pixlr-o-matic is conveniently available as a downloadable app for your computer.